Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Concerts




Over the years, I've gone to a few concerts. November last year, I went to see John Mellencamp in concert. Now, I may be biased in what I say about this concert, as I have loved John Mellencamp and his music since I was a teenager. So he could have sounded like crap and I would have still loved it, lol. His support acts were Sheryl Crow and Kasey Chambers' hubby, Shane Nicholson. Now, I have never listened to Shane Nicholson's music. I do have a couple of Kasey Chambers cd's, but she is not someone I listen to a lot. Well I was quite surprised with Shane Nicholson. I enjoyed the songs he sang. Now for Sheryl Crow, even though I don't have any of her music, I have listened to different stuff she has had out over the years. Well I thoroughly enjoyed her performance and thought she was great. She even sang a Crowded House song and did it well. She is someone I would go to see again. Now for my honey, lol. What can I say, loved it. The voice was great, performance was great. I loved how he included the audience into his show. I will be going again if he comes back to Australia. I was a bit peeved, as I didn't take my camera. We weren't allowed to take cameras when I went to the KISS concert a few years back, so I assumed it would be the same for this concert. Well, I assumed wrong, lol, and I would have got some great photos as I was so close. Cameras were going off everywhere. I will know better next time. This year in January, I went to see Neil Young in concert. Love Neil Young and I listen to his music all the time. I didn't see the beginning of the support act, as I was running a bit late. I can't remember who they were but I wasn't impressed, thought they were crap, lol. I loved Neil Young and what he sang. He also played a pipe organ on the stage and I thought that was great too. I was a little disappointed though, as I didn't think he included the audience much. I do think that adds to the atmosphere of a concert if they include the audience. What do you reckon Dave, if you're reading this, you were there, lol. I did take my camera this time so have some pics for you to see, though they're not very good. Take care.

Kerry xxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kerry , looking good !

Liz said...

Kerry. So far looking pretty good.